Hungry communications & the talented Jazz apple farmers have lovingly shared some more beautiful Jazz apple recipes with us to share with you all. This quick and easy Jazz blackberry stack is sure to be a winner with the whole family.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 sheet of readymade shortcrust pastry
- 2 JAZZ™ Apples
- 2 dozen blackberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp clotted cream
- Icing sugar
- A few extra blackberries, raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and cut into three medium circles with a small bowl and then leave to one side.
- In a small pan, crush up the blackberries and cook gently with a one tbsp of water until they start to break down.
- Add the sugar and cook on a low heat for 5 minutes until it’s incorporated.
- Then thinly slice the JAZZ™ Apples and place them into warm water.
- Place the shortcrust pastry circles on a flat baking tray.
- Brush on some of the blackberry sauce and then neatly place the JAZZ™ Apples on top of the shortcrust pastry circles.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C until they are golden brown.
- Once done, let them cool down and then start stacking them on top of each other with a little clotted cream, a few blackberries and raspberries in each layer.
- Finish off with a final flourish of clotted cream, extra berries, the leftover blackberry sauce, a mint leaf and a dusting of icing sugar.
JAZZ™ Apple has retained its title as the ‘UK’s Tastiest Apple’ after JAZZ™ grown by Chandler & Dunn scooped first place at the National Fruit Show Live. Chandler & Dunn started growing JAZZ™ in 2006 with 7.5 hectares spread over three orchards and since that time they have doubled their plantings of JAZZ™ and been at the forefront of the variety’s rise. Chandler & Dunn The Farm Office Lower Goldstone Ash Canterbury Kent CT3 2DY.