Bake with the kids at home with these no-drama cute cakes using ingredients from your cupboard.
Ingredients ( Makes around 12)
- 125g self-raising flour
- 125g butter or margarine
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (medium)
- 1-2 tbsp of warm water
Choose from one (or two if you’re feeling naughty!):
- 75g chocolate chips
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g sultanas
- 1tsp ginger
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp vanilla extract
If you prefer, leave them plain and decorate with buttercream made from; 125g icing sugar, 1 tbsp. milk, 50g butter and a little food colouring of your choice!
How to make:
- Grease a muffin/cupcake tray or prepare paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy and soft in texture.
- Break the eggs into the mixture one at a time and add a little flour if it begins to curdle.
- Add the remaining sieved flour and fold in a figure of eight to form a soft dropping consistency. Try not to over mix.
- Add your cake flavouring – we added ginger and chocolate chips to ours!!
- Share the mixture out between the cases (only half fill the cases).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190C for 15-20 minutes.