Who doesn’t love a good brownie? This one is definitely a moreish boozy treat! Perfect for accompanying a romantic night or just when you’re in need of a little indulgence.
Made with recycled raspberries leftover from making Pinkster Gin these inebriated little blighters are guaranteed to pack a punch!.
Ingredients (Makes approximately 20 brownies)
- 2 tbsp. Boozy Berries
- A punnet of fresh raspberries
- 50g chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (optional)
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 250g pack salted butter
- 400g soft light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 140g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
How to make:
- Heat oven to 180oC. Line a 20cm x 30cm baking tray tin with parchment.
- Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the eggs, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture. Sieve over the flour and cocoa, and stir in.
- Add the Boozy Berries and chopped nuts (if using), plus half the fresh raspberries. Pour into the tray and then scatter over the remaining fresh raspberries.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 30mins, or if you prefer a firmer texture, bake for 35mins. Cool before slicing into squares.
A bit about Boozy Berries
Scrumptious eaten on their own or try served with fresh cream or vanilla ice cream. You know you want to! They are delicious dipped in chocolate, used in a sorbet, mixed in with a pudding, or whatever else tickles your fancy. This recipe has been reproduced from Pinkster Gin’s Boozy Berries Cookbook. For more recipes, visit www.pinkstergin.com